Wine and Food Book Social with Becky Blake
October 19, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| $45
Book-lovers, this is the swankiest book club session of the year. The Stratford Writers Festival has combined all the things you love – Wine, Food, and Books – into one memorable evening.
Clink a glass of wine and relish some hors d’oeuvres with your friends, book lovers, and author Becky Blake! You are invited for an exclusive book club session where you can join Becky to discuss her writing while the best of wine and appetizers are served.
What can you expect from this event?
- a glass or two of fine wine
- a platter of apps such as olives, bread, cheese, and charcuterie.
- a lively discussion with Becky about her books
- mingling with other book lovers
Who is this event for?
- If you are a book club member, you and your entire club can participate in this event.
- If you love reading and you have always wanted to be a part of a book club session, this one is for you!
About Becky Blake
Becky Blake is a two-time winner of the CBC Literary Prize (for non-fiction in 2017 and short fiction in 2013). Her fiction and essays have appeared in publications across Canada. She holds an MFA from the University of Guelph, and teaches creative writing at the University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Education. Becky currently lives in Toronto where she’s working on a second novel and a memoir-in-essays.
About the Book
Proof I Was Here is a novel that tells the coming-of-age story of a young artistic thief from Toronto who attempts to reboot her life on the streets of Barcelona after an unexpected breakup.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Fill out the form below to sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest event updates and ticket information.