Infinite Sequels: Bringing Poetry to Life
October 20, 2019 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm| $30
How does one bring poetry to life?
Find out this October as poet David Stones performs Infinite Sequels, a one-man-show named after his poetry book of the same title. With the accompaniment of live violin and a rich musical soundtrack, David as The Poet will lead you through a life of love, ecstasy, longing, joy, sorrow and forgiveness……that is, the life of every person in the audience. The performance was lauded as a “brilliant and beautiful piece of theatre” by London Free Press. Q&A moderator and General Manager of Stratford Summer Music: Judy Matheson will interview David Stones after the performance.
What can you expect from this show?
- A show that combines the art of music, poetry and performance.
- A robust Q&A on the writing of the show; the curation and licensing of a soundtrack; performing to a live violin; the state of poetry in Canada today and the lonely mysteries of the poetic heart.
- Author meet and greet and book signing following the show.
Who is this event for?
- Anyone with a serious or brewing interest in theatre, poetry, and performance art.
- People looking for a unique and riveting entertainment experience.
- People who simply wish to explore the spectrum of human possibility; the things we are and we could be.
About Infinite Sequels (the book):
Employing a range of poetic forms and undulations of mood and tempo, Infinite Sequels casts a unique and understandably frail beam of illumination on the joyous, sometimes pitted landscape of human experience.
About David Stones:
David Stones is a mostly retired marketing and business executive, now taking a deep breath as a poet, performer and spoken word artist. Stones’ poetry appears regularly in print and on-line journals (Harmonia Press, Beret Day Books, Authors Press, Big Pond Rumours). He is the recent winner of the Brooklyn Poetry Society prize and the Ontario Poetry Society’s Mighty Onym poetry contest. David is a proud member of the League of Canadian Poets and the Ontario Poetry Society and resides in Stratford and Toronto.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Fill out the form below to sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest event updates and ticket information.